THE CHINESE ALLIANCE WORLD FELLOWSHIP (Revised English Version)
In the providence of God, Chinese churches of The Christian & Missionary Alliance found in many countries and regions of the world are led to manifest more fully their oneness by uniting in a worldwide fellowship.
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name by which this fellowship shall be known is The Chinese Alliance World Fellowship (CAWF).
ARTICLE II – MISSION
The mission of the CAWF is to facilitate cooperation amongst its member countries as they work for the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
ARTICLE III – PURPOSE
The purpose of the CAWF is to promote mutual caring and support, resource allocation and ministry collaboration, so as to meet the needs of Chinese mission and evangelism around the world.
ARTICLE IV – STATEMENT OF FAITH
The CAWF respects the Statement of Faith of the Christian & Missionary Alliance as adopted by various countries or regions.
ARTICLE V – MEMBERSHIP
National church union or association of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in a country or region that accepts the CAWF Constitution may be admitted to membership. Any Chinese Alliance church without the establishment of a national church union or association in its country or region may apply to become a member. Any member country deviating in doctrine or practice from the principles of this Constitution may be subject to suspension or expulsion from the CAWF. Any such disciplinary action must be ratified by the Triennial Conference.
ARTICLE VI – ORGANIZATION
- Triennial Conference
- The Triennial Conference which is made up of the official voting delegates representing the member countries shall be the highest legislative body of the CAWF. 。
- Each member country is entitled to send official delegates with the basis of representation being one official delegate for 1 to 20 registered national churches and two official delegates for over 21 registered national churches.
- Each member country may send an unlimited number of corresponding delegates to attend the CAWF.
- The Triennial Conference has the authority to approve and amend constitutions and bylaws, enact policies, transact business, and elect the Executive Committee to be responsible for the functions of the CAWF between the Triennial Conferences.
- Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee shall consist of three ex-officio members from Hong Kong, USA and Canada, and two regular members elected by a majority vote (half plus one) at the Triennial Conference. The five Executive Committee members will decide on a Coordinator amongst themselves. The Coordinator of the Executive Committee shall coordinate and host the next CAWF Triennial Conference.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for all the functions of the CAWF between the meetings of the Triennial Conference. The Executive Committee members shall meet according to ministry needs and to deal with emergency and important matters accordingly.
- The Executive Committee shall meet annually, if practical, at such times and places as it may determine. A minimum of half of the Executive Committee members in presence is required. Between conferences, the Executive Committee may conduct business by postal, email, telecommunications and other media.
- The Executive Committee shall fill up vacancies in the Executive Committee should such vacancies occur between Triennial Conferences. The terms for such appointments to the vacancies are only up to the next Triennial Conference.
- Executive Director
- Under the Executive Committee, there is an Executive Director responsible for the promotion and implementation of all CAWF ministry initiatives under the direction and ministry perimeter set by the Executive Committee.
- Executive Committee candidate will be nominated by the Executive Committee, to be voted and approved in the Triennial Conference.
- The Executive Director shall serve for a term of 3 years, to a maximum of 3 terms.
- Coordinating Centre
- The Coordinating Centre of the CAWF shall be designated by the Coordinator of the Executive Committee. The Coordinating Centre shall keep all official records of the CAWF.
ARTICLE VII – NOMINATIONS & ELECTION
1. The three ex-officio Executive Committee members shall be designated as the full-time executive leaders of the C&MA Church Union of Hong Kong, the Chinese Churches Association of C&MA of USA and the Canadian Chinese Alliance Churches Association.
2. A Nominating Committee of five persons is to be elected by the official delegates at the Triennial Conference with two from the existing Executive Committee, and three from the floor, to nominate candidates for the election of the Executive Committee.
3. The Nominating Committee shall place in nomination two names for the regular members and one name for the substitute member of the Executive Committee. Additional nominations may be made from the floor. The two regular Executive Committee members and the one substitute member shall be elected by secret ballot of the official delegates for a three years term. A consecutive three years term is permitted. After two elected terms, one must not stand for nomination for one term.
4. The Executive Committee members shall serve on behalf of their member countries.
ARTICLE VIII – BUDGET AND FINANCE
The ministry of the CAWF shall be financed voluntarily by its participating member countries. The Executive Committee may choose to present an operating budget to the Triennial Conference. All official and corresponding delegates will attend the fellowship at their own expenses.
ARTICLE IX – RELATIONSHIP WITH ALLIANCE WORLD FELLOWSHIP
The CAWF shall maintain an associated status and establish close relationship with the Alliance World Fellowship (AWF) of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
ARTICLE X – BYLAWS
The CAWF Bylaws, not in conflict with the provisions of this Constitution, may be adopted by the Triennial Conference of the CAWF.
ARTICLE XI – AMENDMENTS
Amendments to the Constitution may be made by a two-thirds vote of the official delegates during the Triennial Conference of the CAWF. Proposed amendments must be sent in writing to member countries at least three months prior to the Triennial Conference.
This Constitution was revised and adopted at the Chinese Alliance World Fellowship held in Thailand Bangkok on July,13, 2018.